Friday, March 16, 2012

Night Nurse

Deacon has been busy helping his partner Barbara recover from recent surgery.  We asked him a few questions recently about how she is doing.

Gazette: "So have you been fixing all the meals and cleaning the house to help out"? 
Deacon: "Well I started out doing that but I guess my standards weren't as high as they should be so Barbara took over".
Gazette: "We hope you aren't still making her go for your coffee and donuts in the morning"?
Deacon: "No of course not at least not every day.  I usually do it on the weekends, well actually only Sunday, but she doesn't seem to mind.  She moves slower so I can't expect my coffee to be quite as hot as usual but it is ok".
Gazette: "So what is it exactly that you are doing for her"?
Deacon: "I let her stay home on bowling nights, so she doesn't have to fetch beers for me".

Some people never change....

No comments:

Post a Comment